Thursday, October 14, 2010

2010 New York Comic-Con, Day 1

Over the Summer, comic book fans flocked to San Diego Comic-Con to get their fix of geekness and now they have made their way to the Big Apple for another dose of geeky awesomeness. Here are a few photos from Day 1 of 2010 New York Comic-Con: Altho all the really BIG geek news comes [...]

Last night my friend Josh and I made our way out to the El Rey Theatre here in LA to see Liz Phair perform live on her Funstyle Tour which got underway earlier this week:




Liz is currently on tour in support of her new album Funstyle which she released digitally in July and will release on physical CD on October 19. While she performed a few new songs, the lion’s share of the setlist was made up of classic Liz Phair songs that were the delight of every person in attendance. To be honest, it really felt like a Greatest Hits show to me. After the jump, check out some photos that I snapped of the show last night and check out video of two of my fave performances — Divorce Song and Flower




Here is the setlist of songs that Liz performed last night:


Supernova

6’1″

Divorce Song

May Queen

Never Said

Johnny Feelgood

Nashville

And He Slayed Her

Polyester Bride

Perfect World

Mesmerizing

Oh, Bangladesh

Extraordinary

Stratford-on-guy

Fuck And Run


Encore:


Friend Of Mine

White Babies

Why Can’t I?

Flower


Right from the opening strains of Supernova, I knew the show was going to rock. As you can see, Liz only played 2 songs off of Funstyle (And He Slayed Her and Oh, Bangladesh) … the rest of the songs were beloved classics. Here is video that I shot of her performance of Divorce Song:




Here is video that I shot of her performance of Flower:





Liz sounded amazing, she looked amazing and I am SO excited that she is back on the road. I’m hoping she is planning to tour more extensively in the future … and I really want her to come back to LA to play more shows. She put on such a great show … if Liz Phair is coming to your town, you must see her.



It’s a hot day in LA today … not sure what the plan for this evening is. I might be laying low and keepin’ cool … ah weekends, how I love you so.



Georgia Okeeffe
diamond brands
Milton Avery
bride hair styles
Daniel Gasser

No comments: